Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Writing, Clerking, Commuting

It's been so long since I've done anything with this blog, I'm not sure whether anyone reads it anymore. But, just in case someone out there is interested, here we go:

First up in exciting news, an essay that I wrote on the Supreme Court's recent decision in J.D.B. v. North Carolina (a case about Miranda rights) was published by MLR's First Impressions (check it out here). The case itself is pretty interesting, but I focused on tackling what I think is the Court's misguided analysis of the "reasonable person test," something that comes up over and over in all kinds of different areas in law. If you (whoever you are) ever get a chance to read it, I'd love to hear feedback.

I also accepted a publication offer for the full-length article I was working on during my 3L year, which will be published some time in 2012. That one revolves around the use of the moral luck objection by law & economists against more traditional theories of tort law. It incorporates some of what I did for my senior thesis at Princeton, and can be found here. It's a little nuts thinking that I'm going to be on the other side of the process now, but I'm super thrilled that something I wrote is going to be published as a real-life, big-kid article.

In other news, I graduated from Michigan in May and have settled into Richmond for my clerkship, which I started a few weeks ago. The job is wonderful: I'm doing exactly what I like doing, and everyone in chambers is awesome. Jennifer, who's been hanging out with me here since we got back from France with my family, just started her firm job in DC. That means lots of commuting back and forth for a while, but I can handle it.

That about covers it, I think. I'll try to post more updates? We'll see how it goes.

No comments: