Saturday, January 29, 2011

I Don't Want to Read Crim Pro/Triumphant Return?

I randomly clicked on the link to this blog today and realized that it's been over a year since I've posted--that's more than a little sad. I could say that I'll be writing here more frequently, but I've made similar promises before. Still, since I'm trying to avoid my reading again, how about an update?

* I'm graduating in May! And while law school has been fun, I can't say I'm sorry to be leaving. The seminars were great, as was the independent work that I did, but lecture classes are tough: reading every day for the seemingly sole purpose of memorizing facts and having no opportunity to do any in-depth analysis=lame.

* I got published! It's on a very esoteric topic, but it was still pretty neat to see my name in print. I've been working on a second piece that's nearly complete, but we'll see whether I actually submit it for publication or have it accepted anywhere. Will I ever fully give up on the idea of becoming an academic?

* I'm almost done being editor-in-chief of the law review! The last year has been quite an adventure, and I'm very, very glad to have had the experience, but at the same time it's great to know I'll soon be finished. We'll be picking the new editorial board Superbowl weekend (bad timing, I know), so T-minus 8 days and counting.

* MLR has been running smoothly. Thanks to a really great group of editors, we've published each of our issues several weeks early (#5, the March issue, will be out shortly) and are hopefully leaving the journal in the same great shape we found it in last year.

* I'm moving to Virginia, then going to DC. I'll be clerking for a year and then will make the permanent (or at least semi-permanent) move to the District in 2012.

That covers the highlights, I think. Now we'll see if I can keep it up.

2 comments:

Sarah Kennedy said...

Yay! You updated! I'll read it :) That's awesome that you have a job lined up, I'm SUPER excited for you.

Chris said...

Aww, thanks, Sarah--that's very nice of you.

I hope your move/settling in the Northwest is going well!